Additional Materials FOR Dependent and INDEPENDENT STUDENTS
Applicants who are graduating from high school must submit an official transcript showing their grades, cumulative GPA, class rank and SAT/ACT scores posted through the Fall semester.
Submit a statement including your educational goals and/or vocational goal toward a career in a specific business-related field. Including your reasons for your goal choices is important for the Selection Committee. Recommended length is 500 words.
Attach a page listing your academic achievements, honors program participation, extracurricular activities, leadership qualifications, community service, etc.
Dependent students must submit a signed copy of a parent's Federal Tax Form 1040 (pages one and two only) for both parents (if applicable) for the latest year these forms were filed.
Independent students must submit a signed copy of parent's Federal Tax Form 1040 (pages one and two only) for both parents (if applicable) for the latest years these forms were filed AND a signed copy of their FEDERAL TAX FORM 1040 (pages one and two only) for the latest year these forms were filed.
Additional Materials FOR INDEPENDENT STUDENTS
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Applicants must maintain permanent residence separate from parent's or other relatives' home. Evidence of separate address, dated prior to the date of the application, must be included with application (examples include a driver's license, voter registration, etc.) Applicant must submit a signed copy of their lease agreement.
- Applicants must submit a budget statement showing income and expenses.
- Submit a copy of your health insurance card, and, if applicable, car registration and cover sheet from an auto insurance policy, all evidencing student as owner. PLEASE NOTE: Students up to age 26 may be covered under parents' health insurance per the Affordable Care Act of 2010.
- Applicants must submit a copy of student loan account balance.
- Applicants must submit signed copies of personal income tax returns (Federal) for both applicants and parents (NOTE: If you are not claimed by your parents and did not file taxes on your own, you must submit a statement in writing that you had no earned income and did not file a tax return).
- Applicants cannot be considered for independent status if any of the following statements are true:
- Applicant will be a college freshman.
- Applicant is claimed as a dependent on parent's federal or state income tax return.
- Applicant is covered under parents' health, dental or automobile insurance. See exception above under fourth bullet point.
- Applicant lives in a home with the parents at any time during a calendar year.
- Applicant’s automobile is registered in parent's name.
- All proof of independent status (i.e. health insurance card, car registration, etc.) must be dated prior to the date of the application.